Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
can’t rebuild search after upgrading 1.2.0

reshel

Total Posts:  38
East Texas

I am having the same problem on a 1.4 install.

Mini top search not working. but advanced search does work..

Are all these fixes for the latest 1.4 version fixes?????? I dont feel like playing with this unless i know its for this version.. no one posts their version they are fixing.. id like to know.. Im on a deadline as well

seems no one wants to answer questions out here.. ive been waiting weeks on some inquiries that seem very important to alot of people..

Come on guys… Magento Team???? is the search really that important? or am i just fooling myself?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

caxis

Total Posts:  1

I had this problem with Magento 1.4 stable version. It was working ok and suddenly start showing the error message. Replacing the fulltext.php did not solve the issue. So I solved repairing the database table:

1. Login to phpMyAdmin
2. Select your Magento DB. If you only have one database, it should choose it by default so you don’t need to do anything.
3. In the main panel, you should see a list of your database tables. Check the box by the table “catalogsearch_fulltext” that need repair.
4. At the bottom of the window just below the list of tables, there is a drop down menu that says “with selected:”. Choose “Repair Table”
5. You will get a message saying repair OK and that was it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reshel

Total Posts:  38
East Texas

thank you.
I looked through the forums and solved the search problem by editing the attributes that are configured to be used in listing and search. I also deleted a couple of attibutes like color etc.. that i will not be needing.

the search is working properly now. BUT… now..

in index management the product pricing index is showing constantly- processing- and it gives this error at the top.

-Some problem with reindexing process-

will this repairing the data base work for that as well? if so what table should i repair? something is wrong with the index.. and it started doing this after the deletion of attribultes and changing the attribute configuration to not show in the searches.

thanks for any help or suggestions-

Im past my due date of making this public.. everything is up and running as far as i can see in the front end.. but the back end is showing the product price indexing problem..

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobElings

Total Posts:  11

It’s not working for me either. Tried installing the fulltext.php as mentioned above, but no luck for me.

Where could I find a possible solution?

Any help is much appreciated.
Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmbuytaert

Total Posts:  25

Sheri - 01 May 2010 09:16 AM

Did not work for me for some reason. I am using the newest version 1.4 stable. Is this solution different for that version?

1.4 Stable <- yea right! what a joke!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

caxis - 27 May 2010 08:50 AM

I had this problem with Magento 1.4 stable version. It was working ok and suddenly start showing the error message. Replacing the fulltext.php did not solve the issue. So I solved repairing the database table:

1. Login to phpMyAdmin
2. Select your Magento DB. If you only have one database, it should choose it by default so you don’t need to do anything.
3. In the main panel, you should see a list of your database tables. Check the box by the table “catalogsearch_fulltext” that need repair.
4. At the bottom of the window just below the list of tables, there is a drop down menu that says “with selected:”. Choose “Repair Table”
5. You will get a message saying repair OK and that was it.

thanks.. this fixed the problem for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

salik ahmed

Total Posts:  15
Karachi

Thanks....Saving Time ..

Magento Community
Magento Community

salik ahmed

Total Posts:  15
Karachi

When i upgrade magento1.3.2 to 1.4.1.1 its giving me error

Fatal error: Call to a member function insert() on a non-object in /home1/houstop8/public_html/new/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Resource.php on line 96

please help if any body ...thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2