Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin page giving 404

xscaramouchx

Total Posts:  1

So here\’s the deal, I am working on a site that has been built and maintained by someone else up until now. While working on adding pages through the admin panel on the site, I activated the debug to show template path hints so that I could be certain i was editing the right files. Upon confirming that I wanted to turn template path hints on, I was kicked out of admin panel and given the 404 page, complete with the debug template paths. After some searching, I found the template path hints in the SQL database and turned those off, so the site functions normally sans the admin panel.

Here is what I have tried to do to regain the admin panel:
Running in the sql
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
UPDATE `core_store` SET store_id = 0 WHERE code=\’admin\’;
UPDATE `core_store_group` SET group_id = 0 WHERE name=\’Default\’;
UPDATE `core_website` SET website_id = 0 WHERE code=\’admin\’;
UPDATE `customer_group` SET customer_group_id = 0 WHERE customer_group_code=\’NOT LOGGED IN\’;
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1;
resulted in no changes,

trying site.com/index.php/admin results in 404

putting Mage::run(‘default’); at the end of index.php, admin 404

Additionally I have cleared the sites cache.

From what I can tell it\’s looking like I\’ll have to revert to a backup or reinstall the admin portion of Magento, but as I am only beginning to work with this site I\’d prefer to find a simpler solution.

Thanks for you considerations!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community