Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal Error, Call to a member function getCode() on a non-object in Url.php on line 469

thiazi

Total Posts:  5

Hi all,

I’m installing Magento for the first time. I’m installing on a linux host with PHP5 support. During the installation wizard where the script connects and downloads packages, I have to refresh the page several times and start the downloading again. Eventually, all downloads are completed and I’m presented with the screen to enter the database information. I enter this information, confirm the address details (both secure and non-secure), and get this when I click Continue:

Fatal errorCall to a member function getCode() on a non-object in /home/user/public_html/secure/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Url.php on line 469

I also get the above error when I access the main Magento directory now. I have tried deleting the database completely, recreating it, deleting the local.xml file, and running through the installation again. Same result as above (downloads take several refreshes, and it ends in the same error message about line 469). I have also completely deleted the Magento folder, re-downloaded the files, re-uploaded the files, deleted the database, re-created the database, deleted the local.xml file again, and tried once more (from a completely fresh install). This produced the same result.

Any ideas on lines I can change to get around this error message? I’d like to play around with this product, it seems very nice! smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

thiazi

Total Posts:  5

Has anyone else found a solution for this one yet? I’ve seen it posted a few times on the boards, but haven’t yet seen if it has been resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@thiazi: Hi, I’m not sure what is the problem in this case, but the next release has many fixes and changes in configuration and installer code,
i would suggest to wait for next release.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community