Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrading from 1.1.7 to 1.2.0 throws error in admin [resolved]

CADguru

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

Just updated and all went smoothly however on entering admin catalog section and selecting “catalog” i get this error:

Warning: include(Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Catalog/Search/Type.php[function.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 73
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(73): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'include(Mage/Ad...', '/var/www/server_name...', 73, Array)
#1 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(73): __autoload()
#2 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(789): __autoload('Mage_Adminhtml_...')
#3 /var/www/server_name/app/Mage.php(317): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('Mage_Adminhtml_...')
#4 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(242): Mage::getModel('adminhtml/syste...', Array)
#5 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(180): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initFields('adminhtml/syste...')
#6 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Edit.php(91): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initForm(Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#7 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(88): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Edit->initForm()
#8 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(348): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction()
#9 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#10 /var/www/server_name/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match('edit')
#11 /var/www/server_name/app/Mage.php(450): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /var/www/server_name/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#13 {main}

I noticed that part of the upgrade procedure was to clear the search index, but i cant for the life of me find the admin area to do this and i am not sure if it is related?

Cheers
Mike

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Did yuo check whether that file Type.php actually exists in that directory? If not, you can take it from SVN or a new download and put it there, see if the error is gone then.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CADguru

Just ran the upgrade again using “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” command in the extension key field and it seemed to add some more packages.

All appears fine now!

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Your error does seem to indicate that one or more files are missing from your install/upgrade.

I noticed that part of the upgrade procedure was to clear the search index, but i cant for the life of me find the admin area to do this

You can rebuild the search index in the Admin via System-> Cache Management -> Rebuild

Magento Community
Magento Community

CADguru

skippybosco - 30 December 2008 02:54 AM

You can rebuild the search index in the Admin via System-> Cache Management -> Rebuild

Interestingly that Search Index Rebuild button was not in that Cache Management panel until “after” i reinstalled the 1.2.0 upgrade too!

Oh well we appear tp have success now smile

Many Thanks

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

montpro

Total Posts:  50

CADguru - 30 December 2008 02:52 AM

Just ran the upgrade again using “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” command in the extension key field and it seemed to add some more packages.

All appears fine now!

Mike

This worked for me grin

Nice one.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community