Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1103 Incorrect table name ‘’ after upgrade to 1.2

Jacques Jocelyn

Total Posts:  11

I have used Magento Connect to upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2
I selected Mage_All_Latest and upgrade.
Eveything went smoothly but after install is completed, I am forwarded automatically to the following URL : http://myhost/report/?id=1160489625612&s;=default

I cannot access to the admin nor the frontend.
Please advise. thanks

Error content :

Error in file: “/home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.9.28-0.9.29.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1103 Incorrect table name ‘’
Trace:
#0 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(287): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.9.28’, ‘0.9.29’)
#2 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.9.28’, ‘0.9.29’)
#3 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/myhost/dev/www/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/myhost/dev/www/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hydra
Guru

Total Posts:  378
Amsterdam

Hi,

I have the excact same problem.
Upgrade went fine. have been kicked out of downloader after refresh.
Then tried the site and admin backend but both give the above error.

Ronald.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jacques Jocelyn

I have created a bug/issue as no feedback was provided for several hours.
Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Issue #9804

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We are looking into this issue.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jacques Jocelyn

Thanks Yoav for looking at it.

Jacques

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaginasWebdotPE

Total Posts:  46
Lima, Peru - Miami, USA

Im in the same boat, with a live store, this is the error: my site is rosesmiami.com, same error in admin, did complete upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2

Error in file: “/home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.9.28-0.9.29.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1103 Incorrect table name ‘’
Trace:
#0 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(287): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.9.28’, ‘0.9.29’)
#2 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.9.28’, ‘0.9.29’)
#3 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/rosesmia/domains/rosesmiami.com/public_html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

kaijan

Total Posts:  8

same issue here too.  hmmm

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaginasWebdotPE

Lima, Peru - Miami, USA

if helps I’m using SimpleHelix.com hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jacques Jocelyn

@RosesMiami.com
I don’t want to judge here, but should not you test the upgrade before going live with it ?

for my side, I have fortunately applied the upgrade to a dev instance to see how the upgrade will behave.

Hope that experience will help you for future upgrades

Jacques

Magento Community
Magento Community

komzi

Total Posts:  3

Same problem here :O(

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

The fix is on the post by advocat at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27044/P15/

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaginasWebdotPE

Lima, Peru - Miami, USA

thanks for the advise Jacques Jocelyn, I actually created a backup trough the magento admin, however, the admin is not working either, i guess I can have access to that file trough FTP, I haven’t tried it yet because Im at work right now, however, and just for the rest, you are right, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jacques Jocelyn

@RosesMiami.com
beyond the fact that we can create a SQL backup, I have create a second website (second host) in order to test any new upgrade, or any new extension.
So, if anything goes wrong while installing an extension and/or an uprade, my live website will not be impacted.

so, my issue this morning was a low impact as it impacted only my test website.

The idea is to have one test website and one as the production website.
Hope that helps.
Jacques

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community