Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

{"error”:true,"error_msg”:"Invalid Form Key"}

tommix

Total Posts:  24

Pixxa - 30 December 2008 09:47 AM

Tried the above, nothing changed.. still invalid Form Key error when entering Manage Catagories.

do not forget to clear all cache from magento and from browser.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

thomasmore

Total Posts:  80

I tried everything mentioned here and nothing worked. Just gonna revert back to 1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MeowMeowKK

Total Posts:  7
Colchester, Essex, UK

jemoon - 03 January 2009 06:18 PM

Hi,
Finally I have found a reasonable solution. It just requires to edit one line in /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml - change:

var FORM_KEY '<?php echo $this->getFormKey() ?>';
for this:
var FORM_KEY '<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>';
I know that it should be done in other, more convienient way but I think that it’s good for now.

FANTASTIC! THIS WORKS!!! THANK YOU! I’m not worthy!

:D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tonyo

Total Posts:  15
Conwy N.Wales

Hi Everyone

Can we re-visit this ‘var FORM_KEY’ issue.
This problem has only existed since upgrading from 1.8. Am now at ver. 1.2.0.2 but all the fixes in this post have not been any help.
Has anyone manage to resolve this but maybe forgot to report a fix here or maybe you think your fix is so unimportant you think noone could ever possibly interested in your findings.
Well, I would be very interested to know how you have fixed this.
My problem is that when I visit the products page through the back end and then use the pagination to scroll to the next page I get the ‘var FORM_KEY’ issue. It also appears when I filter my searches on products.

Your help and thoughts are appreciated.

regards Tony

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

@jemoon - thanks for looking into our extension. I’ve uploaded a new version which incorporates the new function.

@Tonyo - have you seen this wiki entry:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/upgrading_magento_themes_for_the_latest_releases#magento_1.1.7_1.1.8_to_1.2_theme_changes

When I upgraded I went through each file listed to check if I had used it in my own customised theme (which extends the default theme) and then compared what happened between version 1.1.8 and 1.2. I then applied these changes to my theme. A laborious process but it works.

If you are having issues with the form_key in the frontend you will be particularly interested in these files:
template/customer/address/edit.phtml
template/customer/form/edit.phtml
template/customer/form/newsletter.phtml
template/wishlist/sharing.phtml
template/wishlist/view.phtml

In short you need to add

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey')?>
Inside the form elements.

Good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

apasquale

Total Posts:  4

Jemoon’s fix works for me:

jemoon - 03 January 2009 06:18 PM

Hi,
Finally I have found a reasonable solution. It just requires to edit one line in /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml - change:

var FORM_KEY '<?php echo $this->getFormKey() ?>';
for this:
var FORM_KEY '<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>';
I know that it should be done in other, more convienient way but I think that it’s good for now.

But make sure you refresh your cache afterwards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MAtt*!

Total Posts:  10

apasquale...your above solution worked for me.

Thank you for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SPaMx182

Total Posts:  8

Hey guys

I was having this problem too, but after uninstalling some extensions was fine again. My suggestion is to check up on the front end and back end after every extension you install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cclohman

Total Posts:  82
Los Angeles

FORM_KEY was not defined on my Categories page after upgrading from 1.1.6 to 1.2.1, so I couldn’t add or click on any categories.  Grabbing the latest version of app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml and reuploading it to the server solved the issue for me.  Apparently the upgrade failed to update this file appropriately.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

in extension to SPaMx182’s advice also make sure that you delete all your caches (at least /var/cache/*)

Magento Community
Magento Community

alf

Total Posts:  17

hi,
i solved the problem this way:

i downloaded the latest zip version of magento, unzipped it, backed-up my /js folder from my “broken” magento shop on productivity-server, and uploadted the /js folder from my just unzipped magento release. that solved all problems

hope you this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

Had similar issues with expanding categories in the backend and custom product options.

downloaded latest zip, copied all files overwriting existing ones at (in my case <store> and <view> are both default):

/js/*.*
/app/design/adminhtml/<store>/<view>/*.*

Works now thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

idezine

Total Posts:  2

I have tried editing the head.phtml,

Its still the same error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JelmoNL

Total Posts:  2

Maybe bumping an old topic, but since I found out the hard way that Magento-forums are your best friend when starting out I thought I’d share my experience anyway.

I had a similar problem, when editing/creating a product I couldn\’t expand the root-categories.
Using Fiddler to find out what the hell was wrong I came accross the “{"error”:true,"error_msg":"Invalid Form Key"}" error.

It eventually turned out it was a Prototype version-problem, during development I upgraded to the newest version of Prototype.js since I had strange errors which were fixed by upgrading. Little did I know I was sinking even further under water… After downgrading again (backups people, backups) expanding worked fine again. I also applied Jemoon\’s fix suggested earlier in this thread.

Hope somebody finds this useful.

Cheers,
Jelmer

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevinblack

Total Posts:  21

Revert all js.

Magento Community
Magento Community