Magento Forum

{"error”:true,"error_msg”:"Invalid Form Key"}

BigWil

Total Posts:  16

I too was seeing this issue. I didn’t have to apply any of the code modifications. I only cleared my browser cookies and it went away.

{revision}

However it seems that under the manage category area the same error shows up repeatedly. I went into configuration and saved the session timeout from 3600 to 7200.  After clearing cookies and logging back into admin I haven’t seen the issue again.

I’ll keep you posted should it show back up.

BigWil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

darryla

Total Posts:  52

I deleted my session from var/session (listed under the domain cookies), deleted the cache (var/cache), deleted all the cookies for store domain. This then gave me a new var FORM_KEY when I logged back into the Magento Admin panel and it worked! Happy days! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

JJ Pagac

Total Posts:  52
Madison, WI USA

Hi Guys,

Ok… I downloaded a fresh copy of magento.  The one thing that the updater seemed to overlook was in the

/home8/dodgesta/www/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml

Compare your files… the missing line is this:

var FORM_KEY = ‘<?php echo $this->getFormKey() ?>’;

I added that line below:

var SKIN_URL = ‘<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl() ?>’;

Now everything rocks again....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quiddity

Total Posts:  22

JJ Pagac - 06 January 2009 09:45 AM

Hi Guys,

Ok… I downloaded a fresh copy of magento.  The one thing that the updater seemed to overlook was in the

/home8/dodgesta/www/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml

Compare your files… the missing line is this:

var FORM_KEY = ‘<?php echo $this->getFormKey() ?>’;

I added that line below:

var SKIN_URL = ‘<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl() ?>’;

Now everything rocks again....

Thx this has fixed the problem for me. Makes me wonder if there is more stuff that didn’t change.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LibrisMusicae

Total Posts:  7

Hi everyone,

Any news about the Key_form problem when importing a csv file? Everything works fine for me except this one.

I tried every tricks you have proposed. changing all the design files, adding lines, erasing cache...Et others var folders, ....

I’m using the default admin design. I tried to export a csv files, It works fine when I tried to import it the key_form problem appeared again.

I had a look at the popup.phtml inside default/… it’s calling head.phtml where I’ve found var FORM_KEY = ‘<?php echo $this->getFormKey() ?>’;...which is correct.

I’m using magento in Local....maybe the error is coming from that.

AS someone suggested before upgrading wasn’t a good idea. That was the first and probably the last, because everything was working fine before. I’m supprised that Varien staff is not even trying to help us out. Thanks the community.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LibrisMusicae

Total Posts:  7

SOLUTION

I used the “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest” in the Magento connect manager....and it works. (just copy and paste this inside the box and click install.

I can import again csv files.

I hope everyone will be able to have a clean Magento.

Nicolas

Magento Community
Magento Community

lfkiter

Total Posts:  20

I’m having this same issue, anyone find a fix/solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

timpea

Total Posts:  68

Hi,

I had the same problem, and as noted by jemoon, it was Fooman speedster extensions that caused this problem, uninstalled and everything worked.  Thanks jemoon.

Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community

jemoon

Total Posts:  128
Gdansk, Poland

Hi,
timpea If would like to use Speedster again you just have to install it and then open app/code/community/Fooman/Speedster/Block/Adminhtml/Page/Head.phtml and add:

/**
     * Retrieve Session Form Key
     * @return string
     */
    public function getFormKey()

{

return Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey();

}
before last:
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

smoothie

Total Posts:  24

Hi all,

I was having the same issue as everyone else with this {"error”:true,"error_msg":"Invalid Form Key"} so what i did was to download the magento 1.2.0.2 full version folder to my desktop. I teh changed the name of the js folder to jstemp in my ftp and renamed the app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml to head2.phtml

I then uploaded the js fodler from the magento folder from my desktop and also found the app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page/head.phtml file and uplaoded this again. This has appeared to resolved my issues so it looks like magento connect fails to update these files correctly. so It may be worth giving this a go.

As I say make sure you rename the JS folder & head.phtml file before uplaoding the folers and file at least this way if it doesnt work you still have the previous ones there to revert back to

BACKUP BACKUP Was the Cry I heard

Magento Community
Magento Community

future500

Total Posts:  41
Netherlands

Hi All,

There are some related threads regarding not being able to save forms anymore. It seems that as of 1.2.0 all forms are now being checked with this new Form_Key variable, front-end as well as back end. I was experiencing problems in both, but after a reinstall of the AdminHtml the back-end returned to normal (we probably experienced a problem during the first update - or browsercache could be the culprit).

We did, however, still have the problem with the front-end, where users where unable to edit their own data. We have a customized frontend template so I could not just ‘update’ - I altered some of the files in the Frontend html and xml as outlined in this thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27563/P15/

Hope this helps…

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

Total Posts:  101

Varien? Update? Solution? Explanation?
hmmm

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

The upgrade process does not upgrade really, it seems that it fails with some combination of the access rights we have placed to our directories or files.
If you experience problems you should consider stop wasting time and upload most of the files of a full install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

toujour

Total Posts:  5

Thanks JJ Pagac

It fixed for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

crxman

Total Posts:  57