Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

{"error”:true,"error_msg”:"Invalid Form Key"}

Pixxa

Total Posts:  275

Any new info on this issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LibrisMusicae

Total Posts:  7

I have the same problem when I tried to import a csv...I had a Key-form error.

I had the chance to be able to use a back up version of my website. I hope someone will be able to find a solution....maybe Varien itself.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

Clearing my browser’s cache solved this one for me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Galaxy Of Vitality

Total Posts:  27

Thought I’d try and clear my cache, one more time just encase I had been doing something wrong before and guess what!!!! grin
No! Nothings changed except for the possibility that Im ever nearing a nervous breakdown and my deadline of opening my store this weekend is all but delayed.
I know, there is a magento coding god out there, that can show me light.

Jonathan123 - 02 January 2009 12:08 PM

Clearing my browser’s cache solved this one for me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurDent

Total Posts:  86

I have this issue also. I applied any hint previously posted in this this, but nothing solved it. Also a complete uninstall and reinstall of Magento did not help :( May be there is an issue with the database’s data basis?

What about this “var FORM_KEY = ‘OI9QJEFVwDgyHEbt’;” thing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurDent

Solved this problem by myself this night.

I had to change to permission of var/cache/* to 755 (this is an securitiy issue with my prodiver)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jemoon

Total Posts:  128
Gdansk, Poland

Hi,
I just don’t get it - nothing works for me, I have tried to clear the cache (for browser and Magento), tried to change the attributes for var/cache, index.php, js/index.php. I have done those operations under FF and IE and of course I have tried to reinstall Mage_All_Latest. Can somebody help us?? The one thing which is still bothering me is that my FORM_KEY looks like this:

var FORM_KEY '';

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixxa

My var key is also empy

var FORM_KEY '';
Where is the Magento Dev Team? We could use some help here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurDent

Did you completely uninstall all the magento packages?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pixxa

What? Im upgrading here, not reinstalling. I shouldnt need to uninstall all of magento..

Magento Community
Magento Community

jemoon

Gdansk, Poland

Hi,
I have just figured out that my problem is connected to this empty variable. When I take a form_key from my session log (located in var/session) and then paste it into my head.phtml as a constant value everything works fine so there has to be problem somewhere during the collection of this FORM_KEY; Can anybody figure something else??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Galaxy Of Vitality

Hey Jemon,
Thank God cheese someone has figured this out, I think the Magento Dev team are on Vacation or have been sold as result of the credit crunch.

Would you know if this is a permanent solution (The fix for the error not the sacking of the Dev team) or is it something that really needs to be altered a.s.a.p.?

Hey bro, thanks again.. your a life saver!

jemoon - 03 January 2009 02:08 PM

Hi,
I have just figured out that my problem is connected to this empty variable. When I take a form_key from my session log (located in var/session) and then paste it into my head.phtml as a constant value everything works fine so there has to be problem somewhere during the collection of this FORM_KEY; Can anybody figure something else??

Magento Community
Magento Community

jemoon

Gdansk, Poland

Hi,
Galaxy Of Vitality Unfortunatelly you can’t assign this value as a constant so that’s not a solution - that’s just a clue what’s wrong but, again, unfortunatelly I’m not able tofix this by my own :( I will report this issue as a bug and I hope that it will be fixed someday in the next week.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Galaxy Of Vitality

Already done so myself, but I guess the more of us that report this as a bug the sooner they may decide to keep one or two of the Development team on and get this issue fixed.

Thanks once again, even if it is temporary I can finally get on with my site.

jemoon - 03 January 2009 02:29 PM

Hi,
Galaxy Of Vitality Unfortunatelly you can’t assign this value as a constant so that’s not a solution - that’s just a clue what’s wrong but, again, unfortunatelly I’m not able tofix this by my own :( I will report this issue as a bug and I hope that it will be fixed someday in the next week.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurDent

Pixxa - 03 January 2009 01:46 PM

What? Im upgrading here, not reinstalling. I shouldnt need to uninstall all of magento..

That was the way it worked for me, Just reinstalling didn’t help!

The issue with empty “VAR FORM_KEY....” may be a problem with admin_html templates I guess!?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community