Total Posts: 4
I can say one company I can’t recommend for their themes is EMthemes. Why?
1. Poor support. They take more than 24 hours to respond. Their response is generally is another question or they misunderstand the initial question.
2. Billing issues. They use Skill payment processing and it rejects all our company bank cards no matter which is used, have to call in to get it to work.
3. Not package very well.
4. Coding is very poor. They don’t follow good naming practices so hard to follow code. They use the default theme package and rewrite it instead of using a package (perhaps my pet peeve).
5. Install is buggy. Seem to have issues with their sample data installs, buggy. Also documentation is not clear on setting up your own sample. Appears they had this function and then disabled it.
6. Database table names it creates are random, hard to find which belong to the theme for debugging issues or making changes.
7. Inconsistent use of local and community code pools.
8. Inconsistent namespaces usage
Most of the above doesn’t matter if you are going to use the theme stock, but matters if you want to preserve upgrade ability or need to make changes.
Is there anyone here that has had a good expereince with EM Themes? Also appears they sell on Themeforest under the name gala themes