Upgraded to 1.2.0 on an XAMPP test site. All seems fine so far, but we can no longer edit products or add new ones - the ‘category’ tab when clicked simply shows the spinning “please wait” graphic and you have to close the browser to get back in. Obviously products aren’t being saved or edited.
Normal Category editing (via it’s own menu) works fine, but not from within a product. Shame, as we wanted to test the downloadable product option but cannot assign anything to a category.
I’ve upgraded Magento from 1.1.8 to 22.214.171.124 using Magento Connect.
Now each time I try to select “categories” in the left menu, while editing or adding a new product, I have the “please wait” message that stay “stuck"… So I’m unable to set /edit categories for products :(
I upgraded from 1.1.8 to 126.96.36.199 and categories didn’t work. I checked JS error console and saw some messages there. After checking number of items in /app/design/adminhtml I found out that it is still 482 items, totalling 1.8 MB as in default 1.1.8 installation. Then I checked the same directory in my new 188.8.131.52 system that had 523 items, totalling 2.1 MB.
I figured out that those missing files are the ones causing the problems. I archieved current adminhtml directory for backup purposes, deleted it and copied new files from magento-184.108.40.206.tar.gz (clean installation archive).
If you haven’t made any modifications in adminhtml directory, this should be pretty safe action even on live site.
I solved my problem in reinstalling Magento 220.127.116.11 instead of doing an upgrade.
- save media & personnal template, email & skin
- delete magento directory (in fact I renamed it to be able to roll back)
- keep database (and made a full save in order to be able to roll back )
- full copy of Magento 18.104.22.168 files in a brand new directory
- copy of personnal files & media
- full install (I kept most of my customisation as I didn’t delete the database)
- reinstall your modules via Magento Connect…