Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Stores Admin Request

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

I think I’m doing this correctly, so I will go ahead and try to explain my request.

I am working on the multiple stores, single checkout theme (similar to gap, old navy, etc).

Here is my current problem/request. Please let me know if I am not setting this up correctly.

All websites share the same website name - “Main website” (even though they are different urls, they share one checkout, shopping cart, login, etc). Each store (website) has different store name of which I have 4 currently. Each store currently has 4 different store views (english, spanish, dutch, french).

Now my problem/request comes as this:  For attributes (product options) I like to name each color as something special relating to that store view. For example, red may be “brick” in one store but “blood” in another and possibly “apple” for another. This is not real life example but just simple example. It is no problem getting Magento to do this, however it gets confusing with 4 different “English”, 4 different “Dutch”, etc. So my feature request comes down to this - an admin value for store views. Lets call Store 1 English as “store1_eng” but have it appear on the front end as simply “English”.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community