Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to add Images to Products

Erkenbrand

Total Posts:  20

I’ve upgraded from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8, and now can not add images to my products. I’ve not had this problem before, and have been actively using this since 1.1.6. When I get to the Images tab in the Products screen, where it used to say ‘Browse Files’ is now just a gray box. Everything else seems to be working (after several fixes after the 1.1.8 upgrade) except this issue.

The Media directory is set to 777 permissions . . . I’m just at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Try adding a php.ini file to your root directory of Magento:-

magic_quotes_gpc = off
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

Magento Community
Magento Community

Erkenbrand

Total Posts:  20

Thanks for the tip - that let me add images to the products again. Now, the image on the product page is appearing below where it should. I’ve added a screenshot so you can see what I’m talking about. Any clue what’s happening here?

Thanks again for the help!

Image Attachments
odd image placement.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Does your browser has Javascript disabled?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community