Magento Forum

How do you make nav menu with dividers like Quick Access? 

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

Sorry to have to ask this, but I’m pretty rough with CSS, so any help is greatly appreciated.  I have been trying to get a pipe type divider between my nav categories like the ones between the quick access items (Cart, Wishlist, Checkout). I’ve used a right border and also tried a background image, but the problem is always that I need the last one to not have it. I notice that in the Quick Access, that there are two elements used - first and last, but using a CSS editor like TopStyle, I can’t figure out how to make it so my last category doesn’t have the pipe divider on the right.  Thanks ahead of time. Sorry for the long paragraph- for some reason I can’t hit enter to go to next line in this right now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kameko.rouge

Total Posts:  58

simple way would be just to concatenate the pipe character via php loop but not do the last in it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

And how do I do that? I am trying to add more categories to the IDARK template but the Blue line that seperates the first 2 does not automatically included when adding more then 3 categories… no help on this, some needed!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

reddsimpson

Total Posts:  28
Richmond, VA

I do believe I can help with this as I spend a lot of time playing with the menus. lol I just need a little more understanding about what you are trying to accomplish.  Are you trying to add dividers between menu items like:  HOME | PRODUCTS1 | PRODUCTS2 | PRODUCTS3

Its definitely not to hard to do and generally when trying to keep the current style but add something extra will require two file edits, the first file is Navigation.php, and the second file is menu.css.  The only issue with editing Navigation.php is that it is a core file and when an update occurs, the file will be over written.  Just tell me whats needed and I will help you out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reddsimpson

Total Posts:  28
Richmond, VA

Nevermind Thejosh13, I see what you are trying to do.  Can you upload the css and navigation files that control the menu and I try and fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

Thanks, what I needed was in menu css, just doesn’t show through with web developer so I couldn’t find it

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community