Magento Forum

nav bar float center? 

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

I am wanting to get the categories on the nav bar to float center on the bar, but from my research, there is no float:center tag in CSS.  I’ve been beating my head against this issue for a couple of hours now and have no idea how to proceed so I thought I would post it here to see if anyone has a solution. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kameko.rouge

Total Posts:  58

float center tag?? probably in your best interest to learn the basics of css before tackling magento theming.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul@moodandmind.com

From my research scouring the web - there is no such thing as a float center tag, and I actually mentioned that in my post. Did you even read my post or just the subject?

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

I think he/she means align <center> but i think this should be looked at in css file in skin/frontend/default/default/css/nenu.css or boxes.css..
Hope this helps
Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul@moodandmind.com

I jerryrigged this with DISPLAY: TABLE and MARGIN: AUTO 0, but it still isn’t a solution because the nav display gets totally messed up if you change text size while on the site.

Please could anyone tell me an easy way to get the menu categories to float in the center of the the nav bar?

Thanks ahead of time!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Total Posts:  60

Hello,

You need to play with boxes.css:

.header-nav {
width:950px;
margin:0 auto;
}

and

.header-nav-container { background:url(../images/nav_bg.jpg) repeat-y 50% 0 #0a263d; }

It’s a bit tricky due to possible messing the rest of the layout positioning but should work.

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul@moodandmind.com

Ohminu, thanks so much for helping.

I did what you said and everything is centered but the menu is not horizontal - it’s vertical with the categories stacked on each other. I need to get it horizontal centered.

If you could take a sec and look at my page with Firebug, maybe you can help me figure out if I did something wrong.

http://www.moodandmind.com

I would appreciate it so much if you could do that. I’m at a dead end with this.

Paul Sturgis
Mood & Mind

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

hi paul-- I think you just need to make your nav lists display inline (default is block, which is what you’re seeing).  Try the following in your boxes.css:

#nav li { display: inline;
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeray

Total Posts:  8

#nav li { display: inline }

Will make the second layer navigion not show up in Opera v10.10. How do you think it could work in Opera?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hazephase

Total Posts:  6

I don’t fully understand what are the changes to be made, can you explain more in detail?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community