Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable product error…only with white! 

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

Well maybe I should call it a simple product error?

Anyways, when I create simple products for my configurable products, I leave the name and sku to auto-generate. I like it =). But anytime I try to create a simple product with the product option “white” I get - “Product Saving Error. Value of SKU must be unique”.

I cant figure out why or how, I can autogenerate the sku’s for all the other simple products. As soon as I add “white”, that pops up. It also doesnt matter which other product options are involved in the process, if white is in there somewhere it doesnt work.

I have only been able to create one product with a product option of white. I know I could just change the sku’s, but that would be terrible (really).

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

Nevermind, I got it worked out =)

Apparently, it was still creating the products with white as an option, but still throwing out that error.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community