Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

tags not working on fresh install

reboot

Total Posts:  39

I have installed magento a few times and tags worked fine, now on latest install it’s not working, when I am logged in and tag a product it does not show up in the admin panel, and not tag created dialog shows up when submitting the tag, I have seen others mention this problem also, what could it be?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

reboot

Total Posts:  39

Bump!! Please someone help!!

I did a fresh install again just to confirm and the tags work on the fresh install, I have no reported problems on my current magento install where the tags are not working.  Could this be a permissions issue?  Wouldn’t I get some kinda of warning though?

Could someone please help me figure this out?

I have put a lot of work into this install and it’s almost ready for primetime!  Only the tags don’t work!  I don’t want to have to start over again!

I have not modified any code at all in this install, except through the admin CMS panel.

Jeremy

Magento Community
Magento Community

littleredcar

Total Posts:  8

exactly the same problem with us. ;-(

maybe this helps (didn´t try it yet):
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/20907/

Magento Community
Magento Community

infinitegrace

Total Posts:  8

I tried the thread you suggested, followed the steps and the tags still don’t work. Any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

I’ve got same problem.  I have added tags in the admin > catalog > tags but they will not show when searching for them when editing or a product.  Nor can i add them on the front end.  Magento ver. 1.2.1.1 Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Leeds UK

I’ve got the same problem.  I have added tags in the admin > catalog > tags but they will not show when searching for them when editing or a product.  Nor can i add them on the front end.  Magento ver. 1.2.1.1 Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Leeds UK

I managed to get it working on the front end by updating the tag files with the latest version 1.2.1.1 using ftp. However, i still cannot use the tag feature when editing a product. The reset filter does not bring any tags up. Can anyone tell me which files/folder i should update using latest the files to update admin part?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bktutor

Total Posts:  14

I had the same problem.  Check this thread:
www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/41395/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community