Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1and1 problems with Mahento Connect

firbest

Total Posts:  9

Hi

I am using 1and1.co.uk as my hosing company with the package Linux Hosting Business Pro. I am having problems installing most extensions (Add on) as it does not finish the pearl process and the IE says done and nothing progresses.

It only installs some bits of the add on and than says done but doesn’t finish the full installation of the add on.

Anyone having same problems and has a solution for this?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Have you tried refreshing the page to see whether the extensions are there? If they are not complete you may want to install it again and it should install the rest of the extensions.

You may also want to try updating by using SSH or you may want to contact your hosting provider to check on this. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

firbest

Hi JLHC,

Thanks for your reply

I did refresh the page and it installed some of the extensions but not full. I also tried to do it again and the same thing happens.

I have managed to login to SSH using putty but what should I input so it will install it?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

You may want to look into the following wiki post for ways to upgrade using SSH:-
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/upgrading_magento_via_ssh

Magento Community
Magento Community

firbest

Hi Thanks for the reply

I have tried it but when i try this ./pear upgrade-all or ./pear mage-setup . or ./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest on putty on SSH

it gives me this error

-bash: ./pear: Permission denied

I get this same error on all the commands.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community