Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category URL’s break after upgrade

Tweakin

Total Posts:  11

I just upgraded a store from 1.4.1.1 to 1.6.1.0 and, after much pain, we actually have it up and running. It’s a good sized store with >5k products, custom templates, etc.

Anyhow, on to my last issue.. can’t seem to sort this one out. After the upgrade, our category URLs have changed in this fashion:

1.4.1.1 store looked like this:
site.com/cat-parent/cat-child.html

1.6.1.0 store now looks like this:
site.com/catalog/category/view/s/cat-child/id/cat-id

What setting am I missing with this? Seems like it must be something obvious, but I can not find it.  I’ve looked at and confirmed the settings in system/catalog/Search Engine Optimization.. they are the same as the 1.4.1.1 store was.

The odd thing is that, when upgrading.. before doing a full re-index (but the front-end works and store updated) the old style category URL’s are in place and work. After the re-index the new styles are in place and the old styles lead to a 404.

Thanks for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakin

Total Posts:  11

I was able to fix this by completely emptying the core_url_rewrite table and then reindexing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankzh

Total Posts:  56

I think I have the similar issue with yours:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/268947/

but even we deleted a store\’s urls by this statement:
delete from core_url_rewrite where store_id=2;
and I reindex from magento backend page can not fix this issue.

BTW: did you try the product url?

Magento Community
Magento Community

track-23

Total Posts:  33

Tweakin - 18 December 2011 01:07 PM

I was able to fix this by completely emptying the core_url_rewrite table and then reindexing.

Awesome. That worked for me when upgrading to 1.6.2.0. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community