Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Any one have same issue when reindex url for new product in v1.6

hankzh

Total Posts:  56

recently when we tested on v 1.6, upgraded from 1.5, we noticed there was an issue related to product seo url in core_url_rewrite table.
There is no records with category_id is null in that table. usually those records are for product seo urls in magento v1.5.
Without them,on the front-end page new created products can only show non-seo urls, such as /catalog/product/view/id/1, not seo friendly.

Also, there is a bug for multi-stores when creating seo urls.

I think this is a critical issue, but i can’t find other people/company report the similar issue in this forum.
Is there anybody have same issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

On your test server you can try truncating your table, then at the shell run

./shell php indexer.php reindexall

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankzh

Total Posts:  56

Thanks for your reply.

I will try your suggestion.
Usually I only reindex the urls from magento backend page because it can fix our stores url issues.
This time I have to code and overwrite the Url.php class to fix this issue.

Did you run your store in v1.6?

Brent W Peterson - 18 December 2011 05:59 AM

On your test server you can try truncating your table, then at the shell run

./shell php indexer.php reindexall

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Indeed when a large number of goods or attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog.
Asynchronous Re-indexing is a solution of this problem. When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend. This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community