Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Issue with the Duplicate product functionality

iPhony

Total Posts:  37

I am using the duplicate link to duplicate a product and then change its details but after saving it the product appears under the back end product catalog but it does not appear on the front end of the store.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Please let me know… thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Daimonas

Total Posts:  12

I have duplicated the issue and researching why its not working. I think the issue is outside of the database because I have checked all the values and changed them to match the existing product, yet the product still does not show up in the catalog or search.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

iPhony - could you PM me with temporary access to your admin.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Total Posts:  60

Hello,

When you duplicate a product, it is disabled by default after the save, and also, it will share some of the key items like url identification, name; You need to make sure you change them and also enable the product.

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LorenzoG

Total Posts:  36

Can’t it be that the English store get dissabled in the new duplicated product?.. I had the same problem. Take a look on this thread:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1648/#t7454

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Hello,

I experienced the multiple stores issue when editing a product, sometimes I was editing on the Main Store and not all fields inherited by child stores (like description), so yes, it could be.

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zevat

Total Posts:  4

Hi iPhony,

Did you manage to have the duplicated products shown ?
The same thing is happening to me.
I would be interested in the answer if you have it.

Cheers zevat

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Hello,

If you’re using English Store on front-end for example, you would need to edit the duplicated product, and set some unique values, but on both English and Default Store; that’s how I solved this.
For me, creating new products from scratch has proved much faster, as the first time, all data is saved the same for all stores at once, no need to edit each one if I want to make a global edit.

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iPhony

Total Posts:  37

Guy sorry for not returning to this post sooner. I which there was a link under “my account” to view all my posts. It is hard for me to find all my forum post to follow up.

I did not get this issue resolved but I still have to test it with the new version of magento to see if it persists. Anyone else retried it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hez

Total Posts:  103

I agree - view all my posts would be handy.  I get around it by going to a topic I have posts in, clicking on my user name and then there you can view all posts by this person.

Hez

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

Did this issue get solved?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community