Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downgrading

Matt Webster

Total Posts:  13

Is it possible to downgrade back to older version of magento?  I’m desperate.  My customers can not log in!!!!

This is a BIG issue.

THanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Not that I’m aware of. It’s advised to create a backup before upgrading Magento though, in case something like this happens so you can revert back to a previous build. Perhaps there’s a way to fix the issue though. Please go into more detail as to what’s happening, preferably in a step-by-step fashion. Also, list what version you were on and what you upgraded to. The more information the better.

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Total Posts:  72
Roseville, MN

I am setting up a new cart with this same problem.  I installed v1.2.0 and upgraded recently to v1.2.0.1.  When I try to create a new customer by registering on the frontend, everything seems to go through just fine, the confirmation email gets sent, and the customer appears in the backend list of customers.  However, I cannot log in using the email and password that I used to create the customer.  I cannot recover the password, because it says the email does not exist.  In the administration area, if I click on the customer record, it gives an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setDisabled() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/hostasdirect.com/httpdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Customer/Edit/Tab/Account.php on line 57

Since this is an out-of-the-box installation with one upgrade to v1.2.0.1 and two addons (Mage_Navadmin & Product_Gallery_Importer), I don’t understand why this would be broken.

Also, on another note, the “special price” of the product does not work.  I can enter it in the backend, but it doesn’t display or even seem to register on the frontend.  Even if I add the product to the cart, it uses the original price for its calculations, not the special price.  It also doesn’t matter if I leave the special price date boxes empty, or if I fill them in, it doesn’t work either way!

I have flushed the Cache and Session folders, but that doesn’t fix these problems.  Has anyone else had these issues with the latest version of Magento?  Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

husby

Total Posts:  72
Roseville, MN

Solved (kinda) one of the two issues!

The Special Price issue is described in this thread:  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27363/
It turns out for v1.2, if the special price starting date is set to anything in 2009, it will not work.  I tried setting it to a 2008 start date (no ending date) and it worked just fine.  Wonder when they’ll ever fix this.........

Still no luck with the customer login issue yet, though.  Anyone know what’s wrong with that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

Total Posts:  29

Did you ever fix this? I have just got it on version 1.4.0.1!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kulturshock

Total Posts:  29

My developer could not fix this. In the end I had to delete everything and do a clean install without the sample data and it all just worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MinglongLi

Total Posts:  5

Is the ‘customer_form_attribute’ table empty ?
I have solved it , you can run the sql file attached.

File Attachments
customer_form_attribute.sql  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 102)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben_83

Total Posts:  16

Hello everybody!

Just in case if downgrade issue is still actual for someone there is a nice option that I have recently discovered for myself. You can transfer your database from one version of Magento to another using Cart2cart. Here is a short guide on how it can be done. However, all the other stuff like layout and modules had to be moved manually.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community