Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I develop a plug-in for magento enterprise

aleks_ja

Total Posts:  2

What is the process of creating a plug-in for enterprise edition.

Do I have to purchase a license or is there a development version of enterprise edition?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

that is something we’re all waiting for smile

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/225946/

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Working with Enterprise version daily, it is similar to the community edition just with more files/features.

I would suggest completing the module for community first and see if it will solve a problem and if people would buy it.

If you really want the code right now, you would need to either be a partner or attend one of the development classes offered at Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

and how would i go about becoming a partner?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aleks_ja

Total Posts:  2

It looks that becoming a partner costs $10k per year.

We wanted to create a free plug-in first, but already with the support for the enterprise edition. The plug-in is going to be integrated into magento checkout. It is basically a widget. when you click a link - it opens a popup and helps people to ship internationally. As a next phase we were going to make more complex integration where the support of enterprise is a must have as we already have few potential customers with enterprise edition.

Is there a way at least to test plug-in on the demo version of enterprise edition? http://www.magentocommerce.com/demo/enterprise-edition-request

And what about the differences between community and enterprise version inside the code in the checkout process? Do they have something in common?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community