Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Direct inventory management

hybris

Total Posts:  13

I might be missing some part here, but as I’ve understood Magento, you’ll have to dive through several layers each time you want to add inventory or correct amounts for an existing item.

I’d love if there was an item management interface, where you could list all products and the storage amount, and on that very list - add or subtract from the inventory directly. Without having to visiting each product individually, browsing that item’s inventory tab etc.

It would make the pain in the back a whole lot easier, for us eshops, that offer a great variety of inexpensive products, that often update.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello hybris,

you can try this extension http://amasty.com/extended-product-grid-with-editor.html. It lets manage products, attributes, quantity right on the grid.
For example you have 72 items and 450 items arrived, so you just type 72+450 in the quantity field and job done. You can deduct quantities the same way by using minus ‘-’ symbol.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community