Magento Forum

How Does An Abandoned Cart Get Classified As Abandoned? 

Ashley

Total Posts:  51

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how magento classified an abandoned cart as abandoned?

Is it based upon a certain amount of time the last item was put into the cart?

We effectively have customers who build up orders over time before committing to buy but yet these get classified as abandoned. I can see why this would be done this way, but in a lot of cases for us, they come back to buy a few days or weeks later after they have finished building up the cart of all the products they want.

Regards
Ashley

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

I think all quotes that have a customer id associated to them (the customer is logged in when adding the products to the cart) and they haven’t been converted into an order (the customer did not go through the checkout process) are marked as ‘Abandoned’.
I’ve just logged in and added a product to the cart and the quote appeared in the abandoned carts section.
I tried the same without being logged in and this new quote did not appear in the abandoned carts section.

Tested on Magento 1.5.0.1.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3800

Hello Ashley,

if you are interested in setting the time interval after which the cart is considered to be abandoned, you may take a look at this extension: http://amasty.com/magento-abandoned-cart-email.html.

The module allows you to:

- Create unlimited number of flexible rules
- Use customizable sending schedule
- Easily create and edit email templates
- Automatically generate coupons
- Track sending history

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1140

The following Magento extension resolves this problem by automated followup with customers on cart abandonment;

Read More.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community