Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento do advanced contact me

gtrott

Total Posts:  24

Hello

Using Community version 1.6.0

I wish to incorporate a much more sophisticated ‘contact me’ section.

This would be a separate page/section where people can access to ask me for assistance and ask questions etc.

Note, this would not be a FAQ secion or program, simply a more separate, sophisticated ‘contact me’ area.

A more sophisticated page with forms within that get sent to me.

Can Magento be made to do this?

regards

Gavin Trott

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam Moss

Total Posts:  248
Birmingham, UK

What type of system are you looking for?

You can add extra fileds to the existing contact form

Or you could use something like the Zopim Live Chat.

Aheadworks have a few extensions which could help, notably: Help Desk and Product Questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gtrott

Total Posts:  24

gtrott - 07 December 2011 03:28 PM

Hello

Using Community version 1.6.0

I wish to incorporate a much more sophisticated ‘contact me’ section.

This would be a separate page/section where people can access to ask me for assistance and ask questions etc.

Note, this would not be a FAQ secion or program, simply a more separate, sophisticated ‘contact me’ area.

A more sophisticated page with forms within that get sent to me.

Can Magento be made to do this?

regards

Gavin Trott

I want to be able to set up a page for customers to contact me to seek help, or top seek specific products.

I wish to be able to insert my own questions, text boxes etc, and have it sendable to me.

A full help desk woudl seem perhaps to be much more, and much more complex, than I would need?

Is there a simpler solution?

regards

Gavin Trott

Magento Community
Magento Community

i95Dev

Total Posts:  64
3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 700 Bethesda, Maryl

Hi,

The contact us form needs to be customized a little to support your need. To further enhance the ability to track the comments posted by various of your customers, you can generate a report also. Our extension supports you to generate a report with all the details of the customers who fill in the contact us form.

Please look into the screenshots available on our store. We can customize to facilitate to insert your own questions, text boxes etc.

https://store.i95dev.com/integration/i95dev-contact-us-report.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagPleasure

Total Posts:  55

Hi Gavin!

I think that our Forms extension will suit you! You can create as many forms as you need and use them for absolutely different tasks - to collect data about your customers, to create a special contact page, etc. Later, you can even export this information to CSV or Excel and analyze the data.

The Forms extension allows you to create unlimited number of forms and each form can be displayed anywhere in the store through CMS.You can use different field types:
* textbox
* text area
* drop-down list
* multiple select
* group of checkboxes
* group of radiobuttons

Please find more information on our website - http://www.magpleasure.com/extensions/forms.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

A Help Desk Module would be perfect here ...

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/help-desk-professional.html

If that doesn’t work you can have users post questions through Product Question ... this is surely a must have. This will help you with both FAQs and Product Questions

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/faqs-product-questions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community