Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Java call Core API

ghostsboy

Total Posts:  4

Hi, I am new to magento. Well I try to connect to magento core api with Java axis. I able to get the sessionId, however, I am stuck in getting the customer.list and when create new user, the database able to create new entry but with emtpy value. Anyone mind to show me how to get the data in Java?or show me the direction looking for? Thank you.

The way I getting sessionId,

Magento.Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerPortType mType = (Mage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerPortType)
new MagentoServiceLocator().getMage_Api_Model_Server_HandlerPort();

String sessionId = mType.login(username, apiKey);

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

I guess java Axis might not be able to generate correct classes from Magento wsdl. If you would attach what did it generate for you somebody can look into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ghostsboy

Total Posts:  4

Thank for suggestion. However, due to server issue, I switch from axis to xmlrpc. Thanks for help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dhoover

Total Posts:  27

ghostsboy,

How successful have you been with java xmlrpc to the magento api? I can login and do simple calls such as product.list but anything requiring extra arguments tells me that the calling signature is wrong. I think the api doc could be better. I just looked at the api doc for wordpress and its written much more explicitly.

Dean

Magento Community
Magento Community

panticz.de

Total Posts:  19
Germany

Hello everybody!

I am currently writing a Magento Connector for Java. The goal is to create a free wrapper / library to manage Magento from a Java application. A few parts such as management of products, categories and pictures are already partially finished and can be used.

The latest version (source code and JAR package) can be downloaded from this homepage:
http://www.panticz.de/MagentoConnector/

If someone is interested in co-development, please contact my here.

Greeting

Pawel

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community