Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I obtain an unencrypted password from session for generating a cookie for a 3rd party application? 

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

I am creating a community extension for enabling single signon between Magento and a number of 3rd party applications such as Moodle and eFront.

I am trying to determine a few things that I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for the best way:

1) Obtain the Magento username and (unencrypted) password from session
2) Is there a particular observer event for:
a) when a user is created in Magento
b) when a user is logged in / out of Magento
c) when a user profile (name, password ,etc) is changed

I searched through the forum and Wiki and came up empty so help is certainly appreciated.

Thank you. Much happiness to you and yours in this Holiday Season!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

David Oliver

Total Posts:  177
Cologne, Germany

Hi skippybosco,

I need to find out if I can arrange for Magento to automatically grant access to a Moodle course once access has been purchased. Are you still working on your extension?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community