Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

one-time use codes (not gift certs): refill PIN codes, software unlock codes, etc

gcall

Total Posts:  3

Can 1.2’s downloadable product feature support selling one-time use codes?

The difference between a one-time use code and a gift certificate or promo/discount code is that the one-time use code has no special functionality with regards to Magento - it cannot be used as a form of payment or to discount the customer’s shopping basket.

The one-time use code is a set of unique codes all sold for the same amount, but with a different code being delivered to each customer.  In our case, the usage is to sell prepaid calling card account refill PINs. This feature could also be used to sell software unlock codes, product key codes, etc. It is a virtual product where each code in inventory can be sold once only and delivered automatically and in real-time without requiring an admin to manually send the code after customer purchase.

If there is a way to do this now with Magento, or if this is on the Roadmap under a different feature name (such as gift cert), please let me know! Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

masnart39

Total Posts:  2

I am also interested in the exact same question. .... calling card pins instantly to the customer upon purchase.  I see that other sites offer this, so it is possible, just not sure if it’s possible with Magento.

Nick

Magento Community
Magento Community

Carty

Total Posts:  13

Very much interested in the same feature. This is an important feature for downloadable products especially software which require product keys to be provided after purchase.

PS: The year end is almost here, any hints on 1.2 release with the much awaited downloadable product support?

Regards,
Carty..

Magento Community
Magento Community

winbig

Total Posts:  1

Very interested in this feature also.

Varien, any advice for us on this? Can this be done now, or is it a roadmap feature? Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

There’s Gift Certificate extension available now here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/751

Maybe it suites your needs smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skydan

Total Posts:  8

Tnx for Gift Certificate extension link, but what about refill PIN codes? Any idea how make it real?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gcall

Total Posts:  3

Agreed, the GC extension looks interesting and is appreciated, but I don’t see how we could upload a database of our own refill PIN codes using this. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skydan

Total Posts:  8

Anybody solved this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Carty

Total Posts:  13

Yes I did! By using VirtueMart smile Magento is simply complicated to customize if you’re not an expert in PHP. So I moved to Joomla Virtuemart for my site www.WinMoAppStore.com

I can now have license keys distributed to my softwares and also have a whole lot of other features which Magento doesn’t offer. But one thing I love and miss from Magento is the LAYERED NAVIGATION! Awesome feature!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community