Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Translation, encoding, special letter characters not showing up problem…

kaupauki

Total Posts:  1

hi,
Hope this is the wright place to post this problem. I bought an already built coupon site built on Magento, put a translation file using a csv file. I’m translating the site fro English to Icelandic. Everything works fine except I cant get the special Icelandic letter characters to show up. This is some kind of Encoding problem because if I change the encoding in the browser that I’m viewing the site from the letters show up. Im not a programmer my self but I hired a nice Indian fellow that has put the csv file up and he is out of ideas as well.
I would really appreciate any help with this as this standing in the way of the website lunch..

Best regards,
Ragnar.
kaupauki.is

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

The problem can be in the encoding of the csv file.
Do not edit these files using Microsoft Excel.
I usually use Notepad++. (notepad works also).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community