Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento….. With 50K+ items

nafnaf1000

Total Posts:  209

Good day all.

I am looking to see if there is anyone out there that has been able to load some 50K item in to there Magento website via API in a good time frame.

I am looking to have some 50k+ items in the site, the problem is that every hour I will be updating about 10-20k items with new prices and qty.

In test we have been able to load 600 items via apt with a time frame of 2 hours. I do not have a problem if it takes so long the first time around, but, I the file that i am sending can not take more then 5 - 10 minutes to update....

I thank you all.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

You cannot update more than 1 product or stock item with a single webservices API call.
That will make significant overhead to use existing API methods for you purpose.

It will be better to create custom API call, that will be able to update mulptiple product prices and inventory data with single call.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nafnaf1000

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping not to reinvent the wheel....

Is there any plans to changing this?

What about 50k items. Can Magento handle that?? Will Magento still be able to load with that many items?

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

nafnaf1000 - 25 December 2008 12:32 PM

What about 50k items. Can Magento handle that?? Will Magento still be able to load with that many items?

Poster.com is running Magento with 200,000+ SKUs

http://www.magentocommerce.com/showcase/project/postercom

Magento Community
Magento Community

nafnaf1000

Thanks for that info.

I wonder if there is any customization there that we do not know about.....????

any one know who set it up? is it a default install???

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community