Magento Forum

Customer Login Not Workin

gamingmodz

Total Posts:  4

The customer login/sign-up is not working on my site. I have received emails from clients saying they have not been able to login to their accounts (they were created when they checked out). I went ahead and created an account for myself (using the backend) and tried to login. Doesn\’t work. It basically refreshes the login page when I put in my credentials and click \"Log In\”. The same thing happens when I try and create a new account from the front end. I also tried inputting incorrect information to see if it would at least throw a password error or \"no account\” error but it doesn\’t even do that. I have scoured google and this forum for solutions but nothing so far has worked. Some suggestions I read said it could be a cookies issue or a server time/date issue but I have other magento sites hosted on the same server and their customer sign-up/login works fine. The site in question is raptorfire.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been racking my brain with this for two days now. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello
Here is the problem.
Your username and password are not sent to /customer/account/loginPost
They are sent to /customer/account/login. This is why you cannot login.
Now here is why your data is sent to that url.
You have this piece of code in your page:

<form action="" method="post" id="newsletter-validate-detail">
<
label for="newsletter" style="color:white; padding-top:5px;">Sign Up for Our Newsletter:</label>
<
input type="text" name="email" id="newsletter" title="Sign up for our newsletter" class="input-text validate-email" />
<
button type="submit" title="Subscribe" class="button" ><span><span>Subscribe</span></span></button>
<
script type="text/javascript">

//<![CDATA[

var newsletterSubscriberFormDetail = new VarienForm('newsletter-validate-detail');

//]]>

</script>
</div>

As you can see here the form that opens in the first line is never closed. So the browser will consider the form until it finds a </form> tag.
It finds it at the end of your login tag. You cannot have one form in an other form so the browser submits the initial form that has action="” (this means the current page).

I assume the problem started when you added your newsletter form in the header.
Edit that code and close the form and it should work.

Cheers,
Marius.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community