Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Fontis Australia Post Extension

karmaz

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

We have a website based on Magento 1.5 and have installed the Fontis Australia Post module. Previously I used Flat Rate Shipping but I would like to customise the shipping options as we intend to use eParcel. I have set up the CSV table and followed the instructions but the extension doesnt seem to work. When I place an order through, it says no shipping quote available. I think there is a problem with the CSV file but cannot find a sample file to follow. Basically all I want is:
1. Free local delivery (postcodes specified)
2. For parcels up to 500 g - $6
2. For parcels up to 3 kg - $10
This is the last glitch that we’d like sorted before launching, please help!

PS: I used table rates earlier with flat shipping and free local delivery and it worked fine. For some reason Aus Post does not.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

karmaz - 05 December 2011 09:38 PM

Hi,

We have a website based on Magento 1.5 and have installed the Fontis Australia Post module. Previously I used Flat Rate Shipping but I would like to customise the shipping options as we intend to use eParcel. I have set up the CSV table and followed the instructions but the extension doesnt seem to work. When I place an order through, it says no shipping quote available. I think there is a problem with the CSV file but cannot find a sample file to follow. Basically all I want is:
1. Free local delivery (postcodes specified)
2. For parcels up to 500 g - $6
2. For parcels up to 3 kg - $10
This is the last glitch that we’d like sorted before launching, please help!

PS: I used table rates earlier with flat shipping and free local delivery and it worked fine. For some reason Aus Post does not.

---
A couple of things to be sorted here:
If you are currently looking to use the standard Aus Post module, it doesn’t use table rates. Rather it goes out to the AustPost web site to get current retail postage rates.
If you use the eParcel module, it will use table rates, but you also need your eParcel account number and other configuration info for it to work.

If the standard table rates was working for you, why are you looking to change?  If you are looking for more flexible table rates, go and get MatrixRates from www.webshopapps.com (free).

Regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community