Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6 via ssh extremely slow - and many MySQL processes

bronsonw

Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone.  I did an update to one of our Magento stores a week ago from 1.4 to 1.6 and it is working great.  I started the update (following the same steps) on another separate store on the same server today.  It took about 10 minutes to reindex the data, much longer than the first update.  I figured this was normal because this store is much more active and has a larger product database (over 2000 SKUs). 

When I visited the store for the first time, it showed the Magento error screen.  Looking at the server, MySQL was using a lot of CPU.  Now, almost 7 hours later, the store will still sometimes load (to the error screen only), and sometimes not at all, but MySQL is very active.

These errors are listed over and over in the Magento system.log:

2011-12-05T20:46:42+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Helper/Mysql4.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-12-05T20:46:42+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Helper/Mysql4.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-12-05T20:46:42+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Helper/Mysql4.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/app/code/local:/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/app/code/community:/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/app/code/core:/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')  in /var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-12-05T20:46:42+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Helper/Mysql4.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-12-05T20:46:42+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Helper/Mysql4.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/app/code/local:/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/app/code/community:/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/app/code/core:/var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')  in /var/www/techsupportsps.com/htdocs/store/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Here is an example of the process list in MySQL:

mysqlshow processlist;
+--------+------------------+-----------+------------------+---------+------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Id     User             Host      db               Command Time State                Info                                                                                                 |
+--------+------------------+-----------+------------------+---------+------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
799849 root             localhost techsupportstore Query   |    NULL                 show processlist                                                                                     |
799923 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    rename result table  ALTER TABLE `catalog_category_anc_products_index_tmpENGINE=InnoDB                                  |
799938 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       DESCRIBE `catalog_product_index_price_tmp`                                                           |
799961 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       ALTER TABLE `catalog_product_index_price_final_idxMODIFY COLUMN `min_pricedecimal(12,4NULL COM |
799962 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       DESCRIBE `catalog_product_index_price_final_idx`                                                     |
799970 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    checking permissions DESCRIBE `catalog_product_index_price_cfg_opt_idx`                                                   |
799973 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       DESCRIBE `catalog_product_index_price_cfg_opt_agr_tmp`                                               |
799978 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       DESCRIBE `catalog_product_index_eav_decimal`                                                         |
800003 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       DESCRIBE `catalog_product_link`                                                                      |
800011 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    copy to tmp table    ALTER TABLE `core_url_rewriteMODIFY COLUMN `category_idint UNSIGNED NOT NULL COMMENT ''          |
800018 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |   14 copy to tmp table    ALTER TABLE `report_viewed_product_indexADD CONSTRAINT `FK_REPORT_VIEWED_PRODUCT_INDEX_PRODUCTFO |
800023 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    closing tables       SHOW CREATE TABLE `paygate_authorizenet_debug`                                                       |
800041 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       SHOW CREATE TABLE `catalog_product_entity_varchar`                                                   |
800042 techsupport      localhost techsupportstore Query   |    Opening tables       SHOW CREATE TABLE `catalog_product_super_attribute_label`                                            |

Over the last 7 hours, this list varies from 5 processes to 30, all for the same Magento instance.  It sure looks like it is doing something and I hate to kill MySQL. 

I don’t think server resources are the problem here - the server is fairly new with a Quad-core Xeon processor and 8GB of RAM.  MySQL is using about 10% of the CPU max.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Do you have any insight into what the heck is going on?  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

I’m currently upgrading and have been watching SQL commands fly by in Putty for about 3 hours.

Did it end up working out for you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hanson Ooi

Total Posts:  1

Hi guys,

Did anyone end up working this out? I have the same problem and I’d love to hear a solution!

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

Talal Akkari - 23 July 2012 04:52 AM

Hi guys,

Did anyone end up working this out? I have the same problem and I’d love to hear a solution!

Thanks.

I posted a solution on Stack Overflow

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community