Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Clear instructions to upgrade using Magneto Connect

soonerdm

Total Posts:  6

I’m using Magneto 1.1.6 and trying to upgrade using Magneto Connect. I dont see where there is an upgrade option?

Perhaps I’m not very smart and was hoping someone would point out where I upgrade to 1.1.8

I have attached a screen shot.

I thought maybe putting in an extension key but I don’t see one for an upgrade?

Image Attachments
magnetoadmin.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

You will need to key in the following code for upgrade:-

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

Magento Community
Magento Community

soonerdm

Total Posts:  6

Well that didnt go to well

Notice: Undefined index:  symbol_choice in /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale/Currency.php on line 69
Trace:
#0 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale/Currency.php(69): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘/home/pulpfi00/...’, 69, Array)
#1 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Directory/Model/Currency.php(163): Mage_Core_Model_Locale_Currency->toCurrency(’0.000000’, Array)
#2 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Directory/Model/Currency.php(151): Mage_Directory_Model_Currency->formatTxt(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Bar.php(80): Mage_Directory_Model_Currency->format(NULL)
#4 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Bar.php(66): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Bar->format(NULL)
#5 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Totals.php(65): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Bar->addTotal(’Revenue’, NULL)
#6 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(199): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Totals->_prepareLayout()
#7 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(411): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#8 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard.php(52): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/dashb...’)
#9 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(199): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard->_prepareLayout()
#10 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(411): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#11 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/DashboardController.php(41): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/dashb...’, ‘dashboard’)
#12 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Adminhtml_DashboardController->indexAction()
#13 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#14 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /home/pulpfi00/domains/pulpfictionfans.com/public_html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#17 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

This most probably means that the file “app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale/Currency.php” is missing. Try inputting the code to upgrade again.
Otherwise you may want to upload that particular file manually to the stated directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community