Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Setting default vaules on product import [Partially Solved]

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

Hello everyone,

I’ve successfully modified the product import so that I don’t need the sku, type, websites, attribute_set, store, and category_ids to be set in my CSV file for importing. I’m having a little more trouble figuring out how to accomplish this with the status, visibility and is_in_stock.

A quick example of how I got this to work:

if (empty($importData['store'])) {

if (!is_null($this->getBatchParams('store'))) {
                $store 
$this->getStoreById($this->getBatchParams('store'));

else {

/*Mod: Remove errors and set default value
                $message = Mage::helper('catalog')->__('Skip import row, required field "%s" not defined', 'store');
                Mage::throwException($message);*/

$importData['store''admin'//my code

}
        } 
else {
            $store 
$this->getStoreByCode($importData['store']);

}

if ($store === false{

/*Mod: Remove errors and set default value
                $message = Mage::helper('catalog')->__('Skip import row, store "%s" field not exists', $importData['store']);
            Mage::throwException($message);*/

$importData['store''admin'//my code

}

This code is located in ROOT_FOLDER/app/code/core/Mage/catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Product.php.

Hope this helps someone and thanks in advance for any advice, tips etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Hi!
I’m currently working on a similar solution, though I’m gunning for it in a different approach. Seeing as nearly all of these attributes can be set to keep a default value the preferred way would be to let your clients set that value in Catalog -> Manage Attributes -> Manage Attrbiutes. Although, some of the attributes, for example website_id, are not visible in that section. So there are a few kinks to be worked out, but I’ll post back as soon as I’ve figured this out smile.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community