Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Should i go for magento? 

baiju

Total Posts:  1

Hi all

I am in the process of decision making process between two approach of rewriting website or switch to Magento.

Read so many posts and blogs regarding slowness of complexity about magento. On the other hand found so many good features that I can have out of box. This comparison is really confusing and creating hurdles in decision making process. I’ve got good ratings from magento partners, which is really not reliable.

If someone can shade some light about their past experience about switching from their existing systems to magento and what were the challenges faced during transit it would be really helpful. This way I can get a new perspective from current stable user who is using system for a long time and work or didn’t work for them. Also any comments in development time, development complexity, hosting environment, overall website performance areas would be highly appreciated. What about support from magento team? How quick is the turn around time from them and how helpful they are with the responses?

Please help me in making this journey less painful question

Regards,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

janesmith342

Total Posts:  6

I’ve used Magento for a long time, it is a very cool manager store!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Admina21

Total Posts:  35

Magento is more popular platform so you’ll always be able to get any help, advices, find any extension that you need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wingz

Total Posts:  23
Perth WA

I’ve been looking at Magento for a couple of years, firstly to improve on ZenCart and OsCommerce we’ve run for ten years plus, but the learning curve looked too steep.

Essentially we’d been lulled by the relative simplicity of ZenCart, but as the cart aged it became apparent that even with the new version it ws going to be lacking in comparison.

About six months ago we were persuaded to go with Prestashop, in our case, big mistake (others’ mileage my vary). But at least the move to Prestashop jagged us out of the ZC habit.

We’re now developing a Magento Community system, which is proving frustrating but rewarding at the same time. We should have bit the bullet and done this a year or so ago, rather than sit on the sidelines and wait for the others to get better.

Go for it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrickyan

Total Posts:  9

Magento is a flexible, feature-rich e commerce platform with strong web service applications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BBenton

Total Posts:  2

I have switched to Magento from Presta and i am really satisfied. Magento has the richest functionality, the possibilities to manage multiple stores. Moreover, I enjoy the freedom it provides in managing content, interface etc.of course it’s not an easy one, and needs some time to get acquainted with. but it’s worth it. thand what helped me make the journey less painful was this service www.shopping-cart-migration.com
it helped to move all items quickly, accurately and i started my magento store very smoothly

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community