Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Blank Screen when System/Configuration/General/Design Elements are Saved

NemoNemo

Total Posts:  1

Hello All,

I’ve got an new install of 1.6.1.0 and I have a problem changing any of the default values within System>Config>General>Design

Even if I upload (or don’t) a favicon, change the header text, or default store message on this particular screen I get a blank page when I save.  Any other tab on System>Configuration is savable.  Has anyone come across this?  Access and error logs are vague, with a

[Mon Nov 28 09:41:06 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]client denied by server configuration: /var/www/buy/app/etc/local.xml
in the errors log, but researching that error is just a byproduct of a properly configured .htaccess, so I’m not sure they’re related.

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nrackleff

Total Posts:  2

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem. I have tried clearing cache and giving write permissions to all, but that has not helped. This is a localhost install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nrackleff

Total Posts:  2

Just got it fixed. For me, it turned out to be my PHP memory size was not large enough. Mine was defaulted to 32M in MAMP. I upped it to 128M and it started working again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community