Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help needed with an upgrade to v1.6

iharmo

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

I hired someone a few months ago to create a test site using v1.6 based on the data from our live site running v1.4.1.1. Once the test site was done and tested I wanted him to upgrade the live website to v1.6. All seemed pretty straight forward (ish)

The guy created a test site running v1.6 but then failed to upgrade the live site. Sometimes the live website was down for 24 hours whilst he was trying to upgrade it, but it never did. he had to roll back the live upgrade everytime.

He’s now gone and I’m really struggling on how to get the live site upgraded to v1.6. The test site is now a few months out of date with regards to sales data.

Is it possible for me to re-import the data from the live website into test and then somehow flip the site so that the test site becomes the live URL and the live becomes the test?

I’m really stuck with this. I’ve spent hours and hours reading forum posts and blogs but I just don’t know what to do next.

I’d really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks, Ian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

Hi iharmo,

So what I can help you with at this point, is the actual store data migration from your old Magento installation to the new one. Try this service: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration. You won’t need to hire anyone for that. It will move all your store database, including products, customers, orders, etc. from one Magento installation to another.

As in regards to the actual upgrade of Magento cart itself, not sure what would be the best solution here. Maybe you should surf the Magento Connect marketplace for third-party solutions. But I’m not that sure about this.

I really hope I could help at least a little

Magento Community
Magento Community

iharmo

Total Posts:  8

Hi Alexandrable, thanks for your reply. Could the re-import of data be done at the database level with a mysql import? Or is there a big difference in database design from v1.4.1.1. to v1.6?
thanks, Ian

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankzh

Total Posts:  56

deleted

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community