Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

English StoreView hacked? 

michaela1

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

It seems that my Magento shop got hacked somehow. I have an English (default) and German store view. While German seems to be OK, the English frontend and backend shows “HACKED” and “1|1|HACKED” (see screenshots). If I click on it the functions behind it (Shopping Cart, product view, ...) are working - God knows how long they still will.
I checked all .csv files (translation files) but not one single has “HACKED” in the text.

I already changed my CPanel/FTP password (which I basically do every other day).
My host had older backups of my magento shop (website & database) restored, but that didn’t solve the problem. The hacked text still remains.
He wrote: My advice at this point would be to seek magento’s support forums for advice on which files could be effected to result in these hacked pages, and then restore those files from a fresh copy of magento ( we can help you extract and restore the files once we know what files need restored )

It would be great if someone could give me advice.

Thank you and Regards,
Mela

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lofi

Total Posts:  1

Hello Michaela,

i\’am not a Magento crack, just a security guy, so i can\’t help you to find the point where this is done.

Maybe you should search vor the string \"HACKED\" in the code.

But first of all: Remove your Backup from the www-root!

The Installation is currently broken and directory listing is aktive on the server and everybody can donwload the database (inc. password hashes) and the local.xml with your database password.

After removing this files change your passwords.

Regards

lofi

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community