Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hosting company

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

I would like real life experience of hosting company recommednation.  Some one who has been with a company for maybe 2 years.  The problem i have is when you about to join them they promise heaven and earth.  Once they have your money and over the 30 days, crap service is provided.  I desperately need a recommendation.  I do not mind uk or usa

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

We’d be happy to ake a look at your hosting requirements for you. If you search ‘nublue’ within this forum you will see a number of positive testimonials for us from exsiting Magento clients.

You can slo see some of our client stores here:

http://www.nublue.co.uk/web-hosting/magento-hosting

Hope that helps. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tommy_Smith

Total Posts:  23

Hi Beauty,

I have been with NuBlue for a couple of years now.  Their customer support is good - I get quick replies even at weekends, and these are always from the same 2 or 3 people.  They often spend some time digging into problems for me, and always get my problems solved or point me in the right direction - sometimes even going beyond what I would expect of a hosting provider.  That is why I am happy with them.

I am on a NuBlue Shared 15 plan, and my site is abit too slow at the moment, but I think that this is because I have alot of categories and products, rather than a hosting issue - I’m working on trying to speed it up at the moment.  I would like to switch to a NuBlue Virtual Private Server at somepoint, which NuBlue tell me will be much quicker, but I can’t quite justify the expense yet.

Good luck, Tommy
www.tomsmithparts.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ajixo

Total Posts:  87

Hi
thanks nu blue
my concern is that my current package is 15gb and i cannot see any shared plan that matches that

Magento Community
Magento Community

thewisestore

Total Posts:  6

Hi, I am unsure on the best place to post this, but here goes:

I’m trying to move my Magento site from 1and1 to another UK based host (justmyhost) which uses cpanel.

The files were downloaded from 1and1, and uploaded to the new web space. We changed the configuration file to reflect the new database location, but we are now seeing the below error when attempting to load the web site using a temporary URL (a temporary url is being used to ensure my website doesn’t go offline until we know for sure it can transferred across successfully):

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a non-object in /home/wisestor/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_Cache.php on line 434

I would very much appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or any info on anyone who has been in a similar situation?

All the best

Julian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

@Julian looks like your compilation is on.. turn it off and try again. make sure you have emptied your cache file

@BeautyIndulgence check out our packages.. you will find plenty that meet your needs.  We will look after you.

Dx3webs,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael D Say

Total Posts:  2

Hi There

I have used Nexcess for years and they run Magento like a dream http://www.nexcess.net/

You can rely on them and their support is first class.

A little expensive, but you get what you pay for

Regards - Mick

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

nublue - 25 November 2011 04:22 AM

We’d be happy to ake a look at your hosting requirements for you. If you search ‘nublue’ within this forum you will see a number of positive testimonials for us from exsiting Magento clients.

You can slo see some of our client stores here:

http://www.nublue.co.uk/web-hosting/magento-hosting

Hope that helps. Thanks

Just to let you know that you are not supposed to self-promote your own services, according to the Forum Rules.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BlueclawEcomm

Total Posts:  35
Leeds, UK

Dx3webs - 06 December 2011 12:59 PM

@Julian looks like your compilation is on.. turn it off and try again. make sure you have emptied your cache file

@BeautyIndulgence check out our packages.. you will find plenty that meet your needs.  We will look after you.

Dx3webs,

I am confused as to why you charge a monthly fee for using wordpress on your dedicated hosting.

If someone is paying £180 a month for a dedicated box surely they should be free to run whatever software they want on it, or am i missing something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

Hi there,

Took me a while to figure our what you meant…

Yes, one of our options has the wrong custom option template assigned to it… as you say, if you have a dedicated server.. you can run any apps you like on it.

thanks for the heads up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisbridgett

Total Posts:  5

I’ve used many hosts in the past and finally settled with Vidahost. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

I understand that Rackspace are pretty much the leaders in the UK market, but they do cost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MakedonX

Total Posts:  25

Anyone who wants trial hosting - FOR FREE on my server can contact me.
I have dedicated server with all optimizations for Magento
You can check EasyBuy - Online Store page load time.
If you are satisfied from page load time etc. we can make a deal.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community