Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Fails to capture order but Auth.net processes order

geoffism

Total Posts:  7

On some of our orders Authorize.net will capture payment but the order wont show up in the backend of magento. I can’t find any exceptions and I personally can’t recreate the error.

Our customers report that they aren’t seeing the success page. The reason I’m having trouble debugging this is it seams to happen randomly. We’ve tried different browsers, fresh installs and we are still having problems.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Using Magento 1.6

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Xuba

Total Posts:  1

We have the same issue with Cybersource. We have a number of instances where a customer’s credit card gets charged, but the order doesn’t get created. We have different variations of this issue as follows:

*"Phantom" credit card charges with no associated magento sales order
*"Phantom" credit card charges but there is a similar valid credit card charge associated with a valid magento sales order
*We’ve seen where there is a rewards transactions (i.e. reward points used on an order) associated to a sales order number, but the sales order doesn’t exist

We’ve also encountered “cart doubling” which has two different variations:
*Items in cart are fine but the cart *total* gets doubled
*All items in cart get doubled (every line item is duplicated)

Magento Community
Magento Community

geoffism

I really need help with this. When this happens I not only am loosing orders and profit but also fees from auth.net.

I tried playing with the session variables in php and magento but no difference.

The difficult part with this is I can’t seam to find a common element between the orders that fail and the orders that succeed.

Any ideas???? I’ll even try a suggestion at this point. If I can provide more details about my config please let me know what you need.

**details**
Magento 1.6.1 CE
php 5.3.6
Apache 2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nocturnaloner

Total Posts:  15

Geoff, this is an ongoing issue that the Magento developers have never responded to.  It may well be an authorize.net problem, since it seems to happen no matter what shopping cart is being used, but it\’s tough to say, since so many people never encounter it.  Here are two threads on it. I\’m sure there are more.  Maybe we can compile a list of them:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/68777/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/58053/P30/

I am having this issue as well, and really need to see it solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandrews

Total Posts:  1

I am having this same issue. I’m on Magento 1.5.1 and Authorize.net, though experienced this when I was on Magento 1.4.1 as well.

I have spoken to several customers who had this issue and they all experienced a significant delay in processing the order and never saw an order confirmation screen. It would appear that the transaction is failing somewhere in the database and action flow in Magento’s order creation process.

How do we get the Magento engineers to respond to this? It seems the credibility of their platform is at stake, given they have not responded to this, much less resolved it, in 5 years.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cypressnorth

Total Posts:  3

I’m having the exact same problem. authorize.net debug log shows that the response from authorize.net is successful but Magento does not process the order. The card gets charged but nothing appears in Magento.

I am running a different site on Magento 1.3.2 and it does not have this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

geoffism

I eventually gave up and redid my site from scratch using Magento 1.6.1. It’s good news this is an issue with more people then just me. Maybe it will actually get fixed if we all complain enough! We should all email magento support and complain.

Ever since I did the rebuild we haven’t had any issues… yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cypressnorth

Total Posts:  3

I found the problem and the solution for this. The Authorize.net payment processing module is expecting a response from Authorize.net that has each field encapsulated in double quotes (e.g. “). If the fields are encapsulated in one of Authorize.net’s other options, the response will not be parsed by Magento. The file this happens under is /app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model/Authroizenet.php and the function is _postRequest() lines 1293,1294,1295.

To correct the issue, you must set the Field Encapsulation Character to double quotes in your Authorize.net administration page under the Account Setting labeled Direct Response. Alternatively you could edit the _postRequest() method in Magento to expect a different encapsulation character.

To reproduce the issue, set the Direct Response Field Encapsulation Character in the Authorize.net backend to a value other than double quotes, then attempt to place an order through Magento using Authorize.net as the payment method.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nocturnaloner

cypressnorth - 08 January 2012 01:14 PM

I found the problem and the solution for this. The Authorize.net payment processing module is expecting a response from Authorize.net that has each field encapsulated in double quotes (e.g. “). If the fields are encapsulated in one of Authorize.net’s other options, the response will not be parsed by Magento. The file this happens under is /app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model/Authroizenet.php and the function is _postRequest() lines 1293,1294,1295.

To correct the issue, you must set the Field Encapsulation Character to double quotes in your Authorize.net administration page under the Account Setting labeled Direct Response. Alternatively you could edit the _postRequest() method in Magento to expect a different encapsulation character.

To reproduce the issue, set the Direct Response Field Encapsulation Character in the Authorize.net backend to a value other than double quotes, then attempt to place an order through Magento using Authorize.net as the payment method.

I’ll give this a shot, and bless you if it’s true, but if it was really a simple on/off situation, then every transaction would generate the error, and that’s far from the case.  This is a very intermittent issue, and in my case, it seems to happen only under one website view.  I don’t think testing as you mention would actually work, since the error happens so infrequently, but as soon as I get access to the auth.net account, I’ll give it a try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nocturnaloner

I’ve had this change at Auth.net in for a week, and I have no new errors.  Don’t want to jinx myself, but this may have solved the issue for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hondaspeder

Total Posts:  29

Did this end up fixing the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jtsilvamagento

Total Posts:  2

Has anyone else had this issue as well?  Its an intermittent issue and we tried changing the Authorize.net settings, but it still occurred a week later.

Magento Community
Magento Community

musicbywebbk

Total Posts:  5

I made this change to Direct Response in my authorize.net account and now all orders are showing “amount processed” as “$0.00” in the Magento backend even though the full amount, including taxes and shipping is being charged to the customers card in authorize.net.  Any solution to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community