Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving a store from another ecommerce system to Magento. 

Gav@Evolution

Total Posts:  5

Is there any way of moving a store from cubecart v4 to magento with the minimum of problems?

I have a cubecart store at the moment with 9000 products and 2000 categories but i’m not happy with cubecart and I would like to change.

I know a bit about the layout of the category/product tables within the cubecart database if thats any help.

Gav.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rich1231

Total Posts:  18

Hi Gav,

Im intending to do exactly the same, so any replies you get will help me too.

Feel free to PM me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gav@Evolution

Hi Rich,

I dont think we will get much help from this forum tbh.. there are lots of unanswered support type questions.

If i find anything out i will let you know though smile

Gav.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

I think the reason no one has replied is because this is a huge undertaking. There’s no easy way to do it, no simple script to run that will import your data. I migrated from osC earlier this year and it was a nightmare. You might want to consider hiring a professional to do it, but that is not cheap. Maybe someone else will have some input as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rich1231

I can export the customers andimport into Magento no problem.

I can export the products and import.

Categories are an issue as it seems they will have to be manually entered… then a mapping between Cubecart category id’s remapped to the Magento Cat id’s.

Thats the bulk of the effort there....

I can write up detailed notes and instructions as i go if anyone would be interested?

Magento Community
Magento Community

new2tech

Total Posts:  2

I would be very interested

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gav@Evolution

the problem seems to stem from the fragmention of the data in magento. Cubecart has 40 tables in the database magento has about 100 more than that.

Cubecart’s Category/product structure is really simple. In the database you have 3 tables. “category”, “inventory” and “cats_idx”

category… holds all the data regarding the structure and relationships between each of the categories.

Inventory… holds all the data regarding the structure of the products

cats_idx..... holds all the data between the products and their location within the categories..

Most other stores seem to have a similar structure so it’s easy enough to change things around… Magento is going to be a bit more work by the looks of it....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Renate

Total Posts:  1

Have either of you done the transfer?  I’m am so fed up with the recurring add to cart bugs in cubecart 4 and the locking out of customer sign-ins, i’m looking into Magento.  I figured after nearly a year of getting the run-around from Devellion and investing hundreds of hours, never mind dollars in mods it’s time to cut and run.

How much work was this?  I have a test system loaded and am starting to skin it, and it’s looking good, though it is stretching my laptop’s resources.  How has it worked out for you.
Renate

Magento Community
Magento Community

rich1231

Im still working on this at the moment.

I think that before i finally move to Magento I should take a look at other products on the market.

The magento connect issues that destroy a store do not fill me with confidence at the moment. So i may look at paid for cart systems as a comparison.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

It is easy with Cart2Cart - shopping cart migration service. Cart2Cart enables you to migrate products, categories, attributes, customers, orders and other data entities from one shopping cart to diferent one. CubeCart and Magento are in supported list.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community