Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal does not allow your country of residence to deliver to the country you wish to

itmanx

Total Posts:  14

Im getting the following message when I checkout using PayPal

“PayPal does not allow your country of residence to deliver to the country you wish to”

Ive figured the error occurs when my customer address doesnt match my PayPal address exactly, that is to say that Magento will allow me to select the Isle of Man (where I live) as my country, where as PayPal wont so I have to select United Kingdom.

If I change my magento customer address to United Kingdom, then it works.

Unfortunately I trade in the Isle of Man, so many other people are going to select the Isle of Man as their country of residence… So how can I avoid sending any address details to PayPal?

I have tried to set “Transfer Shipping Options” to No under Paypal Express Settings but that doesnt make any difference.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cctvdvrs

Total Posts:  3

I also have this problem, hope someone could help us

Magento Community
Magento Community

itmanx

the way ive solved it is to amend the file /app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Api/Standard.php

Change the last function to the following

protected function _applyCountryWorkarounds(&$request)
{

if (isset($request['country'])) {

if ($request['country'== 'PR'{
            $request[
'country''US';

$request['state']   'PR';

}

elseif ($request['country'== 'IM'{
            $request[
'country''GB';

$request['state']   'Isle of Man';

}

elseif ($request['country'== 'JE'{
            $request[
'country''GB';

$request['state']   'Jersey';

}

elseif ($request['country'== 'GG'{
            $request[
'country''GB';

$request['state']   'Guernsey';

}
    }
}

You will have to figure out which countries PayPal doesnt like of yours, and amend them too.

Failing that, find the following line and set it = 0

$request['address_override'1;

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexwu

Total Posts:  2

I met the same problem while i was testing paypal (sandbox) with magneto CE 1.6. And lucky enough, i solved this issue:

1, find the file [your magento folder]/app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Api/Standard.php
2, in line 237, you should see: $request[’address_override’] = 1;
3, change from $request[’address_override’] = 1; to $request[’address_override’] = 0;
4, save and commit your code

Hope this information help smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

itmanx

@alexwu:  that can actually cause problems with your shop process because with that option set to 0, customers can change their shipping address inside PayPal which then wont match up to the address they gave in the checkout.  So you could end up sending to the wrong address.

Of course you can cover your back with a legal statement but that won’t exactly score you brownie points smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

Total Posts:  18

Hi friend .. I dont about that paypal configuration well.. But i have installed in our Point of Sales System website,, its working great and also i have face like this problem in that paypal.. I have Cleared through this website: www.paypalsucks.com/forums/

Please check it and clear it..

regards..
Has

Magento Community
Magento Community

ahaomar

Total Posts:  24

I am getting same error i am using 1.6.1 with Express Checkout rite now i am testing with Sandbox but getting this error

“Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to”

please any one can help me

thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DayMen

Total Posts:  4

Having this issue as well in EE 1.12.2. with PayPal.  Discussing this with PayPal dev support they reported that Magento was using a significantly older than current API for submitting to PayPal. Magento acknowledged this is an issue and states they will back-port a fix when they arrive at one. We have ahd to disable PayPal service until Magento puts out a fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community