Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding a new user

pearlsandcakeadmin

Total Posts:  2

When I go to add a new user (under web services) I am able to successfully create the account and assign roles to the user.  However, each user I create never is able to access the admin panel (when I have assigned them all access privileges).  They input their username and password and it always denies them access.  Is there something I am missing here?

So, to temporarily work around the issue I manually added two administrator accounts to the corresponding mysql table and assigned them admin privileges.  This method works fine, each user is then able to access the admin panel and all of its features. 

What am I missing?  Shouldn’t I be able to do the same thing, but do it through the admin panel instead?  Is anyone else having the same issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pearlsandcakeadmin

Total Posts:  2

Nevermind… I’m an idiot.  I just not realized there is another section called permissions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community