Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
POS Integration Question

musicalsupply

Total Posts:  1
Oregon

We are an established local brick and mortar store as well as a fledgling online store. Our POS system is very antiquated. We hope to move fully to Magento soon and would like to hear feedback on what the community thinks are some of the top POS integration solutions out there.
Thanks a bunch!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

Hi,

You could consider taking a look at Webgility. We make eCC, a software which supports Magento Community and Enterprise with QuickBooks POS.

eCC integrates with your Magento store and QuickBooks POS, giving you a 2-way sync and matching customers, orders, and products.  You can download orders, generate shipping labels with major shipping processors (FedEx, UPS WorldShip, Endicia Dazzle and Stamps.com) and record and create sales receipts/invoices in QuickBooks POS.  You can also sync your product catalog, price and inventory between QuickBooks POS and Magento.

Check eCC out at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/webgility/extension/1202/ecc-quickbooks-integration-for-magento

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at (877)753-5373

Hope I helped smile

Pavani

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

Total Posts:  18

Hi..

Please check it here Latest Magento contributions for configure your wanted Magento into Pos System..  We have use same Magento contributions to configure our Point of sales system..

Thank You!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantos

Total Posts:  5

musicalsupply - 16 November 2011 02:49 PM

We are an established local brick and mortar store as well as a fledgling online store. Our POS system is very antiquated. We hope to move fully to Magento soon and would like to hear feedback on what the community thinks are some of the top POS integration solutions out there.
Thanks a bunch!

One of the better point of sale software integration options is currently through Quickbooks. We’re considering building in integration using our own software, but it could be awhile before we actually release that kind of functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magicpaul

Total Posts:  36
London, UK

This is something I’ve looked into a lot, and unfortunately, there aren’t many. You may well end up needing to get a custom integration developed.

For an “off the shelf” solution the best thing I’ve seen so far is probably Lightspeed - www.lightspeedretail.com - they have their own Magento integration which you can bolt on to the software. I’ve not tested this, but I know there are a few people using it (not many, I might add).

There are also a couple of companies offering Microsoft RMS integrations. A quick Google search should return results for this.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

MichaelTyler

You can use several different eCommerce Platforms as POS. All you need to do is go to the back-end of your platform and enter orders directly into the Control Panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

espacelib

Hi,

Do you know if there is a plugin that adds a shipping method, like “Retrieve your package at our shop for free” ?

I’ve been trying to find that, without luck.

JB

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

hi friend..,

Yes!! Plug-ins are available for the process of shipping method.. but its not available for free and its only having a trail version for 1 month..

For more details about our point of sales plug-ins....

regards..

Haseena..

Magento Community
Magento Community

BrightpearlHQ

Total Posts:  8

I’d like to chuck our hat in the ring as a option for you to investigate. Brightpearl is an end to end business management system that connects your Magento webstore and POS to your back end business software (inventory, accounts, order management and more). There is also the ability to integrate the system with eBay as well.

The advantage of integrating all your sales channel through a single system is that all sales that you make will automatically update across all the channels. So you don’t need to import data back and forth between systems and will never sell the same item twice by mistake. We offer a 30 day free trial so you could have a good chance to take a look and assess whether it would be a suitable solution for you business. 

Penny

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

Hi..

yes its very useful information about order management system but is it any disadvantage using this channel online automatic updates..

Is it having magento and point of sales business process in this management software.. Whats the package of full version..

Thank You!!

Haseena..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Davebarret

Total Posts:  2

We have move to Magento 2 years back. It has changed our on-line business for ever

Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

Hi,

Our product, eCC, has the ability to streamline your Magento shopping cart, POS, and QuickBooks. What our product does is that it allows a true two way sync, so you could keep track of your orders, inventory and financials from one centralized location.

Having the ability to do this is a great advantage for your brick & mortor stores, because it frees up precious time from manual data entry, so you could concentrate on other crucial areas of your business. Please let me know if you have any further questions in regards to how eCC integrates with your QB POS system.

Thanks,

Webgility =)

Sign-up for a free trial at: http://www.webgility.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

i95Dev

Total Posts:  64
3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 700 Bethesda, Maryl

Hi,

We have ready available solution for you, “i95Dev RMS Connect.”
We have done some cool stuff integration Magento with Microsoft Dynamics RMS. I hope this will help you answer your requirement.

For more information please visit:

i95Dev RMS Connect

i95Dev Team
One Church Street
Suite# 401
Rockville MD 20850.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Hi,

You guys could try our X-POS module, a complete Point of Sales system for Magento:

http://saas.smartosc.com/resources/2011/10/x-pos_online_pos_system_for_magento/

Hope that would help

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brynnae

Total Posts:  36
California

Magento is one of the popular open-source platform and you can easily integrate POS in Magento online store. There are some softwares available on POS for Magento. Generally Quickbook is preferred in Magento Development.

Magento Community
Magento Community

byens

Total Posts:  3

any cheap solution than above mentioned?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2