Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.2.0.2 to 1.6

Roby

Total Posts:  67
Grosseto, Italy

For security problems, server administer told me to update my actual 1.2.0.2 to 1.6

Theres mybe a sel-updater, auto-upgrader module doing everythigs in a smooth way or will be a Odissey…

please can you help to find the better way to do that?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

Roby - 16 November 2011 07:43 AM

For security problems, server administer told me to update my actual 1.2.0.2 to 1.6

Theres mybe a sel-updater, auto-upgrader module doing everythigs in a smooth way or will be a Odissey…

please can you help to find the better way to do that?

Hi Roby,

I’d suggest you try this service: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration. This is exactly what you need. It will automatically move all your store data from the 1.2.0.2 installation of Magento to the 1.6 version fast and securely.

Let me know if this works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronwallace

Total Posts:  59

hi roby,

Since you’re using 1.2 version, which is quite old one. You will face problems in upgrading directly from 1.2 to 1.6 as your extensions (Some Extensions) wouldn’t work in 1.6.

This has to be done with technical skills. You can hire our Magento Experts who can successfully upgrade to 1.6. You can contact us at sales@expertmagentodevelopers.com

Thanks
Aaron

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community