Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Warning: simplexml_load_string() err ??????? 

etters

Total Posts:  22
Tunisie

Hi
Following is my site modifications magento “http://www.arts-des-table.com/magento” is no longer accessible

I get the following error message:

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document in /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 500
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/home/logixsim/...’, 500, Array)
#1 /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(500): simplexml_load_string(’ loadString(’ loadFile(’/home/logixsim/...’)
#4 /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(171): Mage_Core_Model_Config->_loadDeclaredModules(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Base))
#5 /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(243): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/logixsim/domains/arts-des-table.com/public_html/magento/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main} “

I test a backup of the database but it did not change.

I need help for my site works

thx

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LindyKyaw

Total Posts:  138
Los Angeles

It means xml didn’t open or close properly. Did you change anything in config.xml, api.xml.

Magento Community
Magento Community

etters

Total Posts:  22
Tunisie

I have nothing change the config.xml file or api.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

macguy

Total Posts:  15

@LindyKyaw

You mention that the .xml file was not opened or closed properly and I am having the same issue.  Can you offer any advice on how to fix or ‘undo’ this error?

Thanks…

Magento Community
Magento Community

vianetz
Guru

Total Posts:  537
Munich, Germany

Some of the XML files are probably corrupt. Check if all tags have an ending delimiter, i.e. </ ...> or />.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community