Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why won’t magento save guest data during checkout? 

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

So a customer is going through checkout as guest, enters two addresses because he prefers to ship to a different one, choses a shipping method, enters his payment information is finally ready to place to order only to see that he accidently ordered 2 pieces of an item. So he uses the button “Forgot an item” to go back to his cart, removes the one item, clicks on the checkout button expecting to get back to the checkout review but instead he’ll have to do it all over again…

I know the magento team already stated somewhere, that they have their reasons not to save the guest checkout data - I’d really just like to know what these reasons are since I am planning to change this behavior. Are there any security or other issues I might run into? It just seems like such a basic feature wouldn’t be left out without good reasons, so I’m afraid I’ll run into problems with modifying this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fhengartner

Total Posts:  1

I am interested in a solution to this problem.
Have you found one yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

I am afraid not. In the end I had to hire a freelancer to do the job.

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

please check out our module to convert guests to registered customers on the fly, manually or by cronjob - https://ivvy.ru/en/magnissimoshop#guest2customer.

Features:

- convert guest to customer on the fly on order success

- convert manually by sales order or specific address

- convert by cronjob with configurable frequence

We offer free consultation on installing any of our paid modules, dont hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Haseena

Total Posts:  18

hi..

This is very to change in your configuration design file. We must to touch a configuration coding file.. To change your guest to customer modules like to show both the order reviews and to modify that order placed..

Purchase online point of sales software system with affordable price and point of sales gift voucher with special discount coupon code..

Thank you!!
Haseena…

Magento Community
Magento Community

rickert

Total Posts:  47

Anybody has as solution for this yet? This worked fine in 1.3.4.2 but after upgrading to 1.6.2 not anymore. Very very anoying.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community