Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Set fixed shipping address and method

EelcoDeVries

Total Posts:  7

Hi there!
I’ve been reading on this forum, and a lot of people need the shipping address to be the same as the billing address.
I’ve got the opposite here: The shipping address can’t be the same, because it’s a store customers go to pick the goods up. So, I need their billing address for the checkout, and there the shipping address should be fixed to be the store address, and the shipping method should be something like “pickup”. Also, the goods have to be payed at the store, so effectively, the customer would enter the billing address, and from there go straight to Order Review.
Is this possible, and if so, how?
I am relatively quite new to Magento, so please help me out here a little elaborate… grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Hmmm, interesting point. I’ve created a pickup method, but I didn’t really consider the shipping and billing addresses. I’ll fix that though, just gotta finish another task first. But I’ll post my method + config here asap smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

I took a second look at the problem. It’s a bit tricky seeing as how the address will have to change after the customer has filled it out. So the customer wouldn’t actually notice the change, and even if you did notify the customer of the change you might still want him/her to leave their address information for contact purposes. This makes the whole issue a bit...messy to say the least.

If you wanna look at it you might wanna look at the following files:

Templates
app/design/frontend/default/default/checkout/onepage/shipping.phtml
]app/design/frontend/default/default/checkout/onepage/shipping_method.phtml
app/design/frontend/default/default/checkout/onepage/shipping_method/available.phtml

Code
app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Rate/Request.php
app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Rate/Result/Method.php
app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/controllers/ShippingController.php

As for the pickup method, it seems as Magento Core Team added one in the 1.1.8 release (if not earlier). However it isn’t activated and I can’t seem to make it work. But you could try this instead: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/606/store-pickup-shipping-module

Considering the issues I mentioned above, I don’t think I will look into any more right now at least. If I do I will be in touch though smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

EelcoDeVries

Total Posts:  7

Thanks Bockbertil, for answering quickly.

Have tried the Store Pickup module, but it’s not exactly what I hoped for. It’s very much like the Free Shipping method, because the cost for Store Pickup is also 0.00

Taking a third look ( smile ), there’s some things to be considered:
The customer should only get to enter a billing address, the delivery address should not be possible (as it’s fixed, being the store). Also, the adding of new addresses should not be possible. Therefore, the account-module should be stripped down, am I right? Already been able to make the “add new address” button in the account dashboard header disappear, as well as the display of the shipping address next to the billing address in the dashboard overview.

The shipping address doesn’t change after the customer fills it out, it should be changed (i.e. set to default value) before the customer even has a chance to enter it. Customer should not have access to the shipping address, just see it show up at the order confirmation…

Furthermore, the process for the customer should be that he clicks “proceed to checkout” and that after that, he can maybe check the billing address, but nothing further. Checkout means: fixed shipping address, fixed shipping method and fixed payment method.
How do I enter a fixed shipping address into the customer account, and how to skip steps 2/4?

Hmmm.... Payment method is now set on “Purchase order”, but that leaves a required field. How do I make this field “less required” smile
again… a lot of how-to’s long face  .... wish I didn’t feel so much of a newby....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community