Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding attributes to costumers & order

beowax

Total Posts:  94
Lille, France

Hi,

Is it possible to add attributes to costumers (or costumers groups) and orders via the backend ?

Regards,
Antoine

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

Seems in line with something I requested as a feature as well as a recent request (seconded) for multiple order statuses. The customer attributes could probably be handled by customer groups. A “Notes” area for orders is key. Maybe a “Notes” area for customers. “This one’s really good about...”, “This guy is a hard nosed idiot...”, “Customer has asked 5 times about product...”
Just some thoughts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

Dan,

That’s a solid idea.. If a buyer has used a stolen credit card, filed a chargeback, or a PayPal complaint or anything similar, it might also be of interest to add to a note. If he has a solid history of purchases, but this has occurred a few times, it may be worth it to keep the client rather than not accept his orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

beowax

Total Posts:  94
Lille, France

Sorry for the delay varienchris, and please just call me Antoine wink

I was interested in that feature because i want to place a fidelity card number with the costumer account. I’d like to add an attribute for a sales item too, for a surname. I read on the forum the topic about the custom size products, thats seems quite the same, but i’d like to know if theses kind of functionnalities will be on the fronend…

Regards,
Antoine

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community